Friday, August 20, 2010

Election eve

Which bit of this election campaign was supposed to inspire us? It's time for change. It's time for new government. It's time for a shift in the balance of power. It's time for real leadership; leadership that inspires, that brings people together, that has a vision for the future built on human dignity and care for our fellow travellers. A vision for Australia that puts a premium on dignity before consumerism; depth of thinking and ideas before simplistic solutions and slogans; innovation, inventiveness and free thinking over conformism; education as a path to freedom rather than just a means of becoming job ready. An Australia that cares for us all, individually and collectively. Which of the politicians vying for our votes tomorrow can give us anything like that?

I know who I won't be voting for tomorrow. What I have a bigger problem making my mind up about is who I'll be voting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment